Monday, January 19, 2009

Florence wandering


Walked over the Ponte Vecchio bridge this morning, in a drizzle. Have stopped getting lost. All I have to do is look up and find the Duomo and I am almost home. Getting ready for the new school, I walked around and found a great place to eat. It has a wood burning pizza and an extensive menu. The first thing that caught my eye was an appetizer of lard. Really? I had to try it. It was more than delicious. It appealed to all of my senses ...the lard itself was sliced paper thin, was warm, and the bread was very fresh and had a crunchy crust.


Found a beautiful leather jacket for Susan. Wish she had been here to try it on. Got a good price on Marie's belt, then lucked into a mask store. Shopping, shopping in the rain. The rain kept the tourist traffic down and the atmosphere of past history high.
If you want to see this mornings pictures go here.