Thursday, January 1, 2009

Airplane reading to Florence

After much dithering and wavering the book list has been whittled down to 3 no,4 books for the trip to Florence. And thats not counting the magazines ... three issues of Gastronomica!


Ross King's Brunelleschi's Dome The hotel has views to the dome, so why not pick one book that can tell you about one of the most prominent architectural wonder? I tried reading it ahead, but it is a tad dry, so the enforced sitting in the airplane will do the trick.


She's Fantastical a collection of Australian women's "speculative" fiction. (side note: what's the relationship between speculative and speculum?)

Joanna Russ's To Write Like a Woman







Then there's the book I keep carrying around with me on all of my trips, all of the stretches of unstructured time ... Thinley Norbu's Magic Dance.

And I didn't really count the blank book. Does that make 5?